The Greek Orthodox community is the largest Christian community in Beit Sahour, numbering some 8,000 members. Within the city, there is a Greek Orthodox Church, which was built in 1897. Before this church was built, the underground church in the Shepherds’ Field was used. Another church was built in 1972, near the site of the Shepherds’ Field, and a new secondary school was built in 1990 adjacent to the church. The Arab Orthodox Club was founded in 1924 and is the oldest club in the city. It has the largest scout group in city, in addition to a well-equipped sports complex located near the Municipal playground.